We have several challenging opportunities for bright, hard working, and self-motivated, mid to senior level Application Developers utilizing web technologies such as Java, ColdFusion, Web Services, XML and XSLT. Great people are the key to PaperThin's past and future success. We are looking for smart, passionate application developers who want to make a difference in a collaborative, fun environment. Be an integral part of the core development team which takes PaperThin's flagship enterprise scale content management product, CommonSpot Content Server, to the next level. Individuals will participate in small, self organized development teams utilizing iterative, agile development methodologies, and will report directly to the Vice President of Development. He/she will be responsible for the successful completion of projects of all sizes and scope.
- Participate in the architecture, design and development of core components, new features and enhancements for PaperThin's flagship product.
- Support and maintain the existing product functionality through point releases, service packs and hot fixes.
- Development of test harnesses for unit testing.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent college degree
- Strong experience with Java, or .Net development or other Object Oriented Programming Language
- 2-5 years experience with server-side web programming languages such as Java, .NET, ColdFusion, or PHP
- Thorough understanding of the web development process and internet technologies
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Able to take ownership of a project from start to finish
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and software quickly
- Proactive, resourceful, detail-oriented and professional, with solid organization and "multi-tasking" skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a challenging, rapidly changing environment
- Experience with Oracle, Linux and/or Solaris and Apache
- Knowledge of XML, XML, XSLT and Web Services
- Experience in releasing a commercial software product
PaperThin, Inc. is a privately held MA-based company. Founded in 1993, PaperThin's flagship product CommonSpot™ is a leading content management solution that empowers organizations of all sizes to improve productivity and derive more value from their Web strategies. PaperThin's customers span multiple industries, including: government, healthcare, higher education, and association/non-profit sectors; and include organizations such as American University, Cornell University, ESAB Welding & Cutting, Hasbro, National Park Service, Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Stanford University, University of Wisconsin, US Senate, and the United Way of America. Visit PaperThin at www.paperthin.com.
Job Location: This position is a full time job at our Quincy, Massachusetts office. Candidates must reside in the Boston area. No resumes please from third party recruiters. Qualified contacts should submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.