We have several challenging opportunities for bright, hard working, and self-motivated, mid to senior level Application Developers utilizing web technologies such as Java, ColdFusion, Web Services, XML and XSLT. Great people are the key to PaperThin's past and future success. We are looking for smart, passionate application developers who want to make a difference in a collaborative, fun environment. Be an integral part of the core development team which takes PaperThin's flagship enterprise scale content management product, CommonSpot Content Server, to the next level. Individuals will participate in small, self organized development teams utilizing iterative, agile development methodologies, and will report directly to the Vice President of Development. He/she will be responsible for the successful completion of projects of all sizes and scope.
- Participate in the architecture, design and development of core components, new features and enhancements for PaperThin's flagship product.
- Support and maintain the existing product functionality through point releases, service packs and hot fixes.
- Development of test harnesses for unit testing.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent college degree
- Strong experience with Java, or .Net development or other Object Oriented Programming Language
- 2-5 years experience with server-side web programming languages such as Java, .NET, ColdFusion, or PHP
- Thorough understanding of the web development process and internet technologies
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Able to take ownership of a project from start to finish
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and software quickly
- Proactive, resourceful, detail-oriented and professional, with solid organization and "multi-tasking" skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a challenging, rapidly changing environment
- Experience with Oracle, Linux and/or Solaris and Apache
- Knowledge of XML, XML, XSLT and Web Services
- Experience in releasing a commercial software product
PaperThin, Inc. is a privately held, MA-based company. Its flagship product CommonSpot™ connects people and brands through the Web. PaperThin's customers span multiple industries, including: government, healthcare, higher education, association and legal sectors. Customers such as American University, Cornell University, Hasbro, Seton Hall University, Sharp HealthCare, The National Park Service, and City of St. Louis work with CommonSpot to solve their most basic to complex Web needs. To learn more, visit PaperThin at www.paperthin.com, follow us at www.twitter.com/commonspot, view customer videos on YouTube, or connect with us via LinkedIn.
This is a full time position at our Quincy, Massachusetts office. Candidates must reside in the local area. No resumes from third party recruiters please.
Qualified contacts should submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.