Technical Support Engineer
Innovative and growing Quincy, MA-based Web Content Management software vendor PaperThin Inc. (www.paperthin.com) is looking for an experienced, web-centric, results-oriented Technical Support Engineer to provide front line support for the company’s flagship product, CommonSpot and help manage our CommonSpot Cloud infrastructure at Amazon. Success in this position requires the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a solid grasp of Web and server technology. Familiarity with content management systems, web development, SaaS, and Cloud services are a significant plus.
- Deliver timely and high quality customer support
- Record all information about customer questions and problems in our internal incident tracking system and follow through to resolution
- Answer technical questions related to the use of the software, and troubleshoot performance and operating problems
- Interact with the company’s development team to resolve software bugs and escalated support incidents
- Provide assistance in the installation of company software and conduct remote system troubleshooting as needed
- Provide installation, maintenance and upgrade support for the company’s cloud computing offerings
- Provide internal desktop and network support to company staff
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Equivalent technical experience in lieu of degree considered.
- 2 - 5 years' experience in technical support of Web based applications
- Comfortable with database technology in MS SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL
- Systems administration of Linux servers
- Have excellent problem solving skills in a fast-paced technical environment
- Is self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-oriented environment
- Pays attention to detail
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is a high-energy, well organized, hands-on team player with a winning proactive attitude
PaperThin, Inc. is a privately held, MA-based company. Its flagship product CommonSpot™ connects people and brands through the Web. PaperThin's customers span multiple industries, including: government, healthcare, higher education, association and legal sectors. Customers such as American University, Cornell University, Hasbro, Seton Hall University, Sharp HealthCare, The National Park Service, and City of St. Louis work with CommonSpot to solve their most basic to complex Web needs. To learn more, visit PaperThin at www.paperthin.com, follow us at www.twitter.com/commonspot, view customer videos on YouTube, or connect with us via LinkedIn.
This is a full time position at our Quincy, Massachusetts office. Candidates must reside in the local area. No resumes from third party recruiters please.
Qualified contacts should submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.