The Largest Society of Health and Physical Educators
The vision of SHAPE America is "Healthy People – Physically Educated and Physically Active!" Headquartered in Reston, VA, 25 miles west of Washington, DC, SHAPE America is the largest organization of professionals involved in physical education, physical activity, dance, school health and sport--all specialties related to achieving an active, healthy lifestyle.
Shape America, contracted with PaperThin partner Fig Leaf to upgrade and revamp its previous website, implement a new responsive design, and upgrade the CMS to the most current version of CommonSpot 9.0.
Fig Leaf Software provided all of the setup, integration and upgrades for Shape America’s new site. The new site is fully responsive, thereby allowing members access via any device (phone, tablet, desktop).
Key new site features include:
- Google Site Search - With the addition of Google Site Search users see thumbnails of images related to the search which makes it very easy for users to quickly and easily locate specific web pages.
- Announcement Section - A homepage section which allows Shape America to tag press releases, events, or even standard pieces of content and have it featured under the announcement section. This gives Shape America the flexibility to determine what content is most important to their users.
- Integration with existing iMIS AMS platform - Fig Leaf also integrated Shape America’s site with the organization’s iMIS Association Management Solution (AMS). The tight AMS integration allows members to login from the homepage, manage their profile, view on-demand webinars, and access member resources.
- Online store integration - The online store integration provides better engagement with visitors and members on Shape America’s website. The store includes books, webinars, and other resources to educate visitors on the importance of physical health and fitness.
- In addition to assisting with the infrastructure of the site, Fig Leaf Software also advised Shape America on a content strategy and migration plan.
The new website provides engaging and relevant experience for Shape America’s members and visitors. With the new upgrade to CommonSpot 9.0, content editors can now author and manage content on the website quickly and efficiently.