Fundamentals is a course for users who want to master the essentials of CommonSpot.This in depth training provides technical users whether marketers, administrators, trainers, developers with a comprehensive overview of CommonSpot's powerful content management features. The class is appropriate for anyone tasked with delivering, developing, improving or managing your organization’s web presence. Attendees will gain a complete understanding of how to use CommonSpot as well as learn best practices, expert tips, and techniques that will save valuable time.
You'll learn how to...
- Organize a site for conversion to CommonSpot
- Create custom templates for a site
- Construct a flexible template hierarchy
- Lock down templates for use by page authors
- Reuse content within pages of a site
- Construct custom page metadata to categorize content
- Drive dynamic page links with custom metadata
- Create and use custom elements
- Create RSS feeds
- Leverage user and group permissions for users and site visitors
- And more!
The following topics are covered in-depth during five days of CommonSpot Fundamentals training.
- Introduction to CommonSpot
- Architectural Overview: CMS 101
- Main CommonSpot View and Menu
- My CommonSpot
- Administrator Modules
- Working with Content
- Page Creation, Architecture and Properties
- Incorporating External Content (documents and links)
- Collaboration and Workflow basics
- Element Fundamentals
- What are CommonSpot Elements?
- Using Elements
- Template Fundamentals
- What are CommonSpot templates?
- Best Practices for building and Restricting Templates
- Custom Properties/Metadata
- What are Custom Metadata Forms? Why are they useful?
- Creating and using Metadata Forms
- Content Reuse using CommonSpot
- Using the Page Index element
- Filtering and layout options
- Creating RSS feeds
- User/Group Management & Security
- User/Group Management
- Security Overview: CommonSpot Security Levels
- Custom Elements: User Defined Content Objects
- Custom Element Overview & Examples
- Creating and using Custom Elements (design, layout, authoring, reuse, feeds)
- Forms and Datasheets
- Creating and using Forms
- Creating and using Datasheets
- Building a Simple Application
- Use a Global Custom Element to build a simple application
- Dynamic display of content on pages
- Build a back-end dashboard for adding and editing content
- Control access to specific fields
- Create a custom workflow
- Marketing Tools
- Vanity URL's
- Multimedia Overview
- CommonSpot Administrator
- Site and Subsite Administration
- PaperThin.com Documentation/Support
- CommonSpot Community
There are no pre-requisites for this class.
Delivery Options & Costs
|Live Online||$1,950 per seat||15 hours(5 three hour sessions)||Class taken online with live instructor. Offered once per quarter on scheduled basis. Up to 8 individuals per class.|
|On-site||$2,000 per day + expenses||3 Days||We come to your location and deliver the training. Up to 10 individuals per class.|
|Public||$1,950 per seat||3 Days||You travel to a public PaperThin location. Offered twice annually on scheduled basis. Up to 10 individuals per class.|
|Recorded||$600 per seat||60 days||Access to recorded training is provided for 60 days, plus 2 hours of Q&A with live instructor.|
No classes currently scheduled. Please contact your account representative for more information.