As video becomes the medium of choice for compelling web content, interest in a standard way to show web video is also growing. The latest version of HTML contains a new element for playing video without a plugin. This is a big step in the direction of standard cross-browser support for video embedding and playback, and adoption is growing. CommonSpot fully supports the new HTML5 video standard and makes it available everywhere you can choose this multimedia type.
A default HTML5 player is available for both external and locally hosted video, with options to customize height, width, and other playback controls, as well as select from supported formats. You can choose to enable or disable MPEG4, MP4, Ogg Vorbis, or WebM Open Video. CommonSpot takes care of all the details of keeping pace with supported file types and adding video to your site. No need to write a single line of Embed code. Just point and click to serve HTML5 multimedia your way.
- Out-of-the-box support for YouTube, Brightcove, and locally hosted HTML5 video
- Seamless, integrated management of in CommonSpot
- Point and click HTML5 video embedding
- Up-to-date support for all standard file types
- Configurable players with preview image
- Optional YouTube or Brightcove "poster" image to display before the video starts and on mouseover in all CommonSpot listings.