Many site maintenance and optimization tasks are best handled automatically at scheduled times to reduce interference with production activity and to reduce or eliminate the incidence of error. Sites who want to rebuild site cache on authoring servers during off-business hours or route nightly reports of broken links to page owners or administrators will find everything they need in CommonSpot.
Administrators can create and manage scheduled background jobs from a simple and easy-to-use dashboard. CommonSpot includes more than a dozen out-of-the-box utilities for rebuilding cache and links, analyzing and optimizing performance, and more, with easy-to-use tools for creating and running custom jobs on the schedule that works for you.
- Use robust, flexible scheduled job support to automate common site maintenance and optimization tasks.
- Choose from more than a dozen out-of-the-box jobs for checking links, rebuilding cache, updating feeds, sending freshness reminders, and more, or create your own based on a simple XML-based format
- Create job definitions for any command - including any of the CommonSpot API commands — and automatically schedule them to execute at the server, site, or customer level.
- Manage all scheduled jobs from an easy-to-use dashboard right within CommonSpot
- Run scheduled jobs at specified times on a single server or on all servers at your site.
- View job progress and reports and easily change job schedules.