CommonSpot for Developers I covers the essential building blocks in CommonSpot needed by Web developers to build, maintain and customize a site utilizing the CommonSpot CMS. This course is focused on the tools available to programmatically manipulate, extend and customize CommonSpot. You’ll also learn best practices associated with site architecture, template hierarchy, content object development, HTML/CSS/JS inclusions, and other customizations. The training is combination of both lecture and hands-on-exercises to ensure a high level of comprehension.
- Page Processing and Caching
- Developing in CommonSpot
- CommonSpot Integration Points
- CommonSpot variables
- Custom scripts
- Custom Field Types
- Base template architecture & best practices
- Building a base template
- Using style sheets with CommonSpot
- Using responsive design and CSS grid frameworks
- Custom Elements and Metadata
- Layout Customizations
- Render Handlers
- Datasheet Customizations
- Dynamic Content Display
- CommonSpot APIs
- Common Hooks
- Custom Authentication, Custom Application etc.
- Customizing the CommonSpot Interface
- Preview of the Application Development Framework
We strongly recommend that students meet the following pre-requisites:
- CommonSpot Fundamentals, or hands-on working experience with CommonSpot for at least one year.
- Strong working knowledge of ColdFusion development
Delivery Options & Costs
|Public||$1,950 per seat||3 Days||You travel to a pre-defined location. Offered twice annually on scheduled basis. Up to 10 individuals per class.|
|On-site||$2,000 per day + expenses||3 Days||We come to your location and deliver the training. Up to 10 individuals per class.|
|Live Online||$1,950 per seat||15 hours(5 three hour sessions)||Class taken online with live instructor. Offered once per quarter on scheduled basis. Up to 8 individuals per class.|
|Recorded||$600 per seat||60 days||Access to a recorded version of the training for 60 day, plus 2 hours of Q&A with a live instructor.|
No classes currently scheduled. Please contact your account representative for more information.