It's a rare day when site implementation doesn't involve integration. CommonSpot makes it easy to leverage existing applications, code, and developer talent, with a suite of built-in tools and features that can also help you future-proof your site.
In addition to the open source Application Development Framework with its free and ever-expanding library of popular apps, CommonSpot includes a robust set of methods that gives organizations virtually limitless programmatic control over how and what to publish, from virtually any source. Directly include custom code in any page or template, and integrate using code alone, or in combination with any other technique. XML publication support and built-in tools like datasheets and dynamic form fields make it easy to reliably publish non-CommonSpot data your way or deliver CommonSpot content to other outlets. Seamlessly embed any third-party service or displays using registered URLs, CommonSpot links, or IFrames. A Custom Script object comes standard to make it easy to contain and store customizations.
CommonSpot also includes a Sandbox Server option, tools to automate content import and site migration, and an active, supportive community site to help you along the way.
- Call custom code written in any language (PHP, .Net, Ruby, ColdFusion, Java, Perl, etc) in Render handlers, Custom Scripts, Based Templates, Custonm Field Types and over 2 dozen hooks
- Programmatically access and publish data or services from external systems through the CommonSpot API.
- Use the Custom Script object out of the box to easily add custom CFML to pages and deploy on Railo/Lucee or ColdFusion, at your site or in the cloud.
- Third-party services like health encyclopedias often provide data via XML or JSON, which CommonSpot can easily consume and display.
- Capture and store third-party data for future retrieval and use within a CommonSpot content object, and use all the standard CommonSpot capabilities for filtering and display options.