The Read More Widget works with both the CommonSpot Page Index standard element and the CommonSpot Textblock standard element. The widget will display a shortened version of the content displayed at a specified (configurable) height with a text link (wording also configurable) which when clicked will expand and display the full block of content.
Use this widget to make the most effective use of the space on your pages by displaying “teaser” content while still having the full text easily available to anyone interested in reading it.
The read more widget supports several configurable options including the display height when the content is collapsed, the speed at which the content expands, the text that displays for the “more” option and the text that displays for the “less” option.
The Read More Widget offers the following configurable properties via the Custom Metadata Form bound to the standard element for the Formatted Textblock.
General Settings (tab)
- Collapsed Height - The height in pixels of rendered content when collapsed.
- Speed (in milliseconds) - The speed in milliseconds it takes to expand and contract
- Options: Start Expanded - Check this to open the page with all content rendered.
- More Link Text - The text you want displayed to indicate there is more content to see.
- Less Link Text - The text you want displayed to indicate you can collapse the content.
Link/Button Properties (tab)
See this explanation of the Link/Button Properties options. This is consistent for all widgets.
CommonSpot Standard Elements:
- Formatted Textblock
- Formatted Textblock (without header)
- Page Index
- CSW Read More
- CSW Read More Page Index
- CSW Read More Text Block
- CSW Read More Text Block without Header
Note: The Metadata form can be bound to custom render handlers for the following CommonSpot standard elements: Formatted Text Block, Formatted Text Block (without header) and Page Index. The same Metadata form works for all elements. These three elements each have their own unique render handler which is bound to the element.
The Read More Widget has the following downloadable components:
- Metadata Form
- Page Index Render Handler
- Formatted Textblock without Header Render Handler
- Formatted Textblock with Header Render Handler
The render handlers are designed to work with the 3 standard elements listed above.
To implement this widget:
- Download & Import the Metadata Form
- Download & Import the Render Handlers
- Confirm the Metadata Form is bound to the Render Handler
- Apply the widget to a Formatted Textblock or Page Index
For detailed information on how to import the various components, please see Importing Widgets.