CommonSpot Cloud Upgrade Plans
PaperThin offers two (2) upgrade options (Basic or Comprehensive) for sites hosted in the CommonSpot Cloud. Each plan is detailed below.
Scheduled Basic Upgrade
A ‘Basic’ upgrade is appropriate for customers with a relatively simple site, without a lot of custom modules or complex templates, and who can test the upgrade thoroughly and resolve custom code issues during a short five (5) day testing period.
Basic Upgrades are scheduled in advance to meet your time tables.So, if it is more convenient to upgrade during particular periods of the year you can do that, or you may choose to see what new features are in a release, and determine if those features are appropriate for you.
Customers may purchase up to three Basic Upgrades per year.If you purchase two or more at the same time you will receive a discounted price.See the section below title ‘Basic Upgrade Steps’ for details on the steps performed during a Basic upgrade.
Scheduled Comprehensive Upgrade
A ‘Comprehensive’ upgrade is appropriate for customers with more complex sites that have a significant amount of custom code, require a longer period of time to test thoroughly and resolve any issues caused by the newer version, or cannot disable authoring for an extended period of time.
Comprehensive Upgrades are also scheduled in advance to better meet your time tables.
During a Comprehensive Upgrade your site is actually upgraded twice, once on a ‘trial run’ to test the upgrade and the rendering of the site under the new version, and then a second time after any issues have been fully addressed.The testing period duration between the two upgrades is defined by you.It is not limited to 5 days.
Customers may purchase up to two (2) Scheduled Comprehensive Upgrades per year.If you purchase two at the same time you will receive a discounted price. See the section below title ‘Comprehensive Upgrade Steps’ for details on the steps performed during a Comprehensive upgrade.
Please note that the following items are not covered under either of the upgrade options:
- Fixes to issues in custom code (developed by you, another vendor or PaperThin’s Services team)
- Upgrading ADF applications
- Fixes to issues in any ADF applications
- Fixes to non-critical CommonSpot bugs introduced in the new version. These issues will be submitted through PaperThin’s incident tracking system and fixes will be applied through normal maintenance or later upgrades.
- Any hours spent troubleshooting issues resulting from errors in custom code will be billed against active support hours.
- All upgrades are performed on On-demand Amazon instances and as such shall be charged the then current hourly rate, as defined in the Usage Fees section, for use of these instances.