Many new capabilities have been added or enhanced in CommonSpot v10.5. These include the following:
- Full HTTPS Support
- Enhanced 508/Accessibility Support
- Element Level Cache Control
- Image Gallery Size Restrictions & Image Editing improvements
- Updated Support for Brightcove Video Players & New API
- Support for Several New Platforms (Windows Server 2016, Lucee 5.2.2, MySQL 5.7, SQL Server 2016)
- Several Enhancements to Simple Forms
- New Shared Database Configuration Option
- Updated Application Development Framework (ADF v2.2)
- New Widget Gallery with over a dozen out-of-the-box, interactive widgets
Whether your site must be 508 compliant, or you simply want to serve all site visitors, CommonSpot gives you all the tools and features you need to develop a site that meets or exceeds accessibility standards.
CommonSpot has added more options when exporting and importing custom objects which include Custom Elements, Metadata Forms, Custom Field Types, and Render handlers.
CommonSpot Heading Tags and HTML5 Sectioning features help you organize and structure page content for site visitors, search engines, and assistive technologies.
Use of CommonSpot in an https-only environment is fully supported, and highly recommended.
Several enhancements were made to the Image Gallery in how it supports size restrictions and how it allows for editing of an image to fit to those restrictions.
CommonSpot includes advanced features for creating and managing links to pages, templates, uploaded documents, images, multimedia, and more. Point-and-click status reports and a robust set of tools and utilities for checking, changing and fixing links make it easy for team members at every level to maintain link integrity and relevance throughout your site.